Thursday, January 23, 2014

Human Libraries - Experts Available for Check Out

One of my board members just forwarded me an interesting concept that has my brain whirling.  I was wondering if any of you have been involved in anything like it.

It is a human library filled with human books.  Human books are volunteers who are cognitive authorities in given areas.  So for example, you may have a musician, a holocaust survivor, and a physicist.  These people are available to be “checked out” and have meetings with people who want to pick their brains for information.


I think this is so cool!  I have no idea how I could implement something like this, but I feel like it could have a huge impact on education if done correctly.  Some ideas that have already sprung to mind include having a human library full of professional development contacts for teachers.  Or a human library of artists for our fine arts students.  Thoughts?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lead to the Normal

We need to normalize mistakes and bad hair days. Not knowing the answer to questions even though we are library workers. We need to normal...