Monday, February 1, 2016

Back in the Genrefication Saddle

Almost two years ago I began a mission:  to genrefy my fiction section.  I did lots of research, attended workshops, and picked the brains of other librarians who have already made that journey.

And then I had twins lol...

So we are back to the challenge of genrefying my fiction section again!

If you recall, I was at the point where I was applying a genre to every book in my library.  I have picked up where I left off and am currently in mysteries.  A teacher recently asked me for mysteries and it rekindled my realization that a genrefied fiction section is such a desired service for my library!

I will keep you apprised, especially since I am publicly declaring that I am back on this mission.  Hold me accountable!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lead to the Normal

We need to normalize mistakes and bad hair days. Not knowing the answer to questions even though we are library workers. We need to normal...